Veggie Friendly Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Cals per serving (3 wraps): 250 (with cooked chicken option). Makes 1 serving.
You’ll need: small dish, medium pot, nonstick spray (we like Spectrum Grapeseed Oil Spray and Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil Spray)
– 3 medium – large iceberg (or Boston) lettuce leaves
– 3 ounces (which is slightly less than a half cup if you are using a measuring cup) of ground beef style soy crumbles (defrosted) (or 3 ounces cooked and cubed chicken breast)
– ½ cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
– ½ cup bean sprouts
– ⅓ cup chopped shitake mushrooms
– ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
– 2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely chopped
– Small pinch of chopped scallions (to top cups)
– ¾ tablespoon light or low sodium gluten free soy sauce
– ½ tablespoon dark brown sugar (not packed)
– 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (found in Asian food aisles)
– ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Recipe content courtesy of Hungry Girl, Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt Free Eating in the Real World.